Saturday, December 1, 2012

01 Dec 2012

Hi! Today's appointment with my Ortho was at 13:30. Got my ligatures changed as well as my lower arch wire--the thickness is now the same with the upper arch wire (installed last month).

Photo taken: 01 Dec 2012

I've chosen Turquoise ligatures and, err, seeing how bright the color is with my ceramic braces makes me regret that choice; it's so noticeable. Ugh! 

Anyway, for comparison purposes... here's last month's photo:

Photo taken: 03 Nov 2012

As you can see, changes are not much and it seems that my lower set of teeth will take a tad longer to correct than the upper set. My Ortho said the treatment may take 12 more months (minimum). Again, it will depend on how my teeth will respond. I hope that happens SOON! Since I got my braces, I'm having like 2-3 sores/ulcers each month--something I'm not used to because I rarely experience those painful sores/ulcers (before these braces). I did some Googling and read that metal brackets tend to irritate more than ceramic--thank goodness for my choice of ceramic brackets! 

If you're experiencing those irritating mouth sores/ulcers, too, just rinse your mouth with warm water + salt mixture. It helps a lot!

And I think I'll stick to Gray ligatures if I run out of color choices. The color blends easily with the arch wires and ceramic brackets and no stains! Turquoise is just too bright, too eye-catching and I don't like it; guess I'll have to endure that brightness for a month. :(

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ianne

    Just wanted to say that I have found your blog really helpful.

    I am getting my braces fitted on Friday and am 25 like you. The tips about grey ligs and things like that are something I'm really glad to know about. You've even inspired me to write my own blog about my braces :)

    The progress of your teeth already is brilliant, I hope it continues to go so well for you.

    Thanks again for all the hints and tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you and you're welcome! Glad to be of help. :)

      Writing your own blog is a good idea. It could help you keep track of improvements in a breeze.

      I hope your treatment goes well, too. Best of luck to us! :)

      Delete
  2. I have to thank you for this blog. I'm having trouble finding colors for my ceramic braces lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website.
    Ceramic Brace Vs Metal Brace – Differences

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! It was hard to find ceramic braces with silver bands for my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog it excellent. this blog is very helpful and informative. Thanks for sharing with us..

    orthodontic braces, Dental Braces Self Ligating Brackets, ceramic self-ligating brackets

    ReplyDelete